Posts by Word & Film
Word and Film looks back at Mark Spragg’s An Unfinished Life, and the big screen adaptation it inspired.
Word and Film looks back at Bret Easton Ellis’s The Rules of Attraction and the big screen adaptation it inspired.
Word and Film looks back at John Guare’s Six Degrees of Separation and the big screen movie adaptation it inspired. Queue this one up if you’ve not yet seen it.
Word and Film looks back at Chuck Palahniuk’s ‘Choke’ and the big screen adaptation it inspired.
Word and Film looks back at Philip Roth’s ‘The Human Stain,’ and the big screen adaptation it inspired.
Here at Word & Film, we try to balance our focus on “word” and “film.” Today, we’re focusing a little more closely on the “word” part of things, given our recent introduction to a great new book.
Word and Film looks back at Richard Russo’s Pulitzer-Prize winning Empire Falls and the HBO miniseries it inspired.
Word & Film looks back at Ian McEwan’s Atonement and the big screen adaptation it inspired.
It’s been a fabulous year for movies of all kinds, but we’re most interested in the Best Adapted Screenplay.
Word & Film looks back at Peter Carey’s ‘Oscar and Lucinda’ and the 1997 film adaptation it inspired.
- Spider-Man Forever: Sony Confirms Sequels Through 2016 Also today: Richard Scarry's critters reimagined, Sandra Bul...
- ‘Under the Dome’ but Beyond the Book: A Q&A with Stephen King's Adapters W&F talked to Executive Producer Neal Baer and Creator/Write...
- Gatsby 2.0: Scorsese's 'The Wolf of Wall Street' Trailer Unveiled The first official trailer for 'The Wolf of Wall Street' has...
- A Closed Letter: Patton Oswalt's Huge Essay on Plagiarism, Heckling, and More Also in our Monday roundup: Ramen direct from Japanese filmm...
- Blood, Bones & BRAAAAAINS: A Quick History of Pre-'World War Z' Zombies No matter what you call them — the undead, living dead, rean...