Posts related to 'Silver Screen Silver Linings: What Movies Changed Your Life?'
The 2013 Academy Awards broadcast played out a little like Ben Affleck’s career.
The year 2012 may go down as the one in which Oscar went rogue.
It’s been a fabulous year for movies of all kinds, but we’re most interested in the Best Adapted Screenplay.
Word & Film has found four pieces of evidence pointing to a few likely Globe-predicted outcomes to the 2013 Academy Awards.
Following summer blockbuster season, substance deprivation has begun to set in something fierce. Fortunately, the rest of the year brings us a few bits of fortification.
The year in literary adaptation broke out into two distinct camps: the faithful wife and the sultry mistress.
Power dynamics did not play out as planned at Hollywood’s annual pre-Oscar prom.
Hollywood has increasingly turned to books for its most profitable and/or substantive releases. This trend reached new high watermark in 2012. From the inner workings of the imagination to the absurd workings of the human psyche, from late-in-life love to coming-of-age wistfulness, here are Word & Film’s picks for the best adaptations of the year.
Hey Indies: Why not push the envelope and aim for a field of nominees that reflects the renegades?
‘Lincoln’ Ignites Controversy While Inaccuracies in ‘Searching for Sugar Man’ Go Ignored. What Gives?
Fact checkers have been working overtime to point out the inaccuracies and gaffes in three of the year’s most acclaimed fact-based films.
- On 'The Attack': A Q&A with Writer-Director Ziad Doueiri 'I don’t need to analyze the Israeli Palestinian conflict. I...
- Amy Adams and The Dreaded 'Likeability' Factor Also in our hump day roundup: Orson Welles dislike of a cert...
- Enrolling in ‘Monsters University’: The Course Catalogue What books do we think should be on Sulley and Mike’s Monste...
- Spider-Man Forever: Sony Confirms Sequels Through 2016 Also today: Richard Scarry's critters reimagined, Sandra Bul...
- ‘Under the Dome’ but Beyond the Book: A Q&A with Stephen King's Adapters W&F talked to Executive Producer Neal Baer and Creator/Write...