Posts Tagged ‘Silver Linings Playbook’
‘The Silver Linings Playbook’ has become a self-fulfilling prophecy, where life has imitated title for all the major players involved.
The 2013 Academy Awards broadcast played out a little like Ben Affleck’s career.
There are two primary reasons why film has maintained its powerful hold over popular culture.
Pretty boy actors have always been out to prove they’re smuggling untold depths. We’ll call it the Gosling effect, though Cooper’s now joined the ranks.
‘There were a lot of weird quirky things going on inside of me that I didn’t let show. But when I started to write, I started to explore my psyche and all the things that make me Matthew Quick. I had always been embarrassed by those traits but it’s also what fueled my writing.’ Matthew Quick, who took time out recently to speak with Word & Film, is most proud of the way the book and film normalize and humanize what he describes as the ‘mental health community.’ Here are the highlights from our conversation.
The year 2012 may go down as the one in which Oscar went rogue.
It’s been a fabulous year for movies of all kinds, but we’re most interested in the Best Adapted Screenplay.
Hollywood has increasingly turned to books for its most profitable and/or substantive releases. This trend reached new high watermark in 2012. From the inner workings of the imagination to the absurd workings of the human psyche, from late-in-life love to coming-of-age wistfulness, here are Word & Film’s picks for the best adaptations of the year.
Word & Film has found four pieces of evidence pointing to a few likely Globe-predicted outcomes to the 2013 Academy Awards.
Hey Indies: Why not push the envelope and aim for a field of nominees that reflects the renegades?
- On 'The Attack': A Q&A with Writer-Director Ziad Doueiri 'I don’t need to analyze the Israeli Palestinian conflict. I...
- Amy Adams and The Dreaded 'Likeability' Factor Also in our hump day roundup: Orson Welles dislike of a cert...
- Enrolling in ‘Monsters University’: The Course Catalogue What books do we think should be on Sulley and Mike’s Monste...
- Spider-Man Forever: Sony Confirms Sequels Through 2016 Also today: Richard Scarry's critters reimagined, Sandra Bul...
- ‘Under the Dome’ but Beyond the Book: A Q&A with Stephen King's Adapters W&F talked to Executive Producer Neal Baer and Creator/Write...